Chronic Renal Failure is a challenge for the modern medical world and with the changes towards a cosmopolitan life style, its incidence is increasing manifold. Patients are often left with practically no non-interventional treatment option. Renal replacement therapies may prolong life, but the quality of life is severely compromised. Having a very large number of these patients at our centre in Agra, India, we decided to study these cases over a long period and evaluate the homeopathic efficacy in these cases. The designing of study protocols and clinical assessments was made jointly with the urology department at our hospital considering the renal clinical parameters and also each case was homeopathically assessed for its individuality.
- Constitutional homeopathic treatment is efficacious in treating non dialysis dependent chronic kidney disease and is an important non interventional option.
- Palliative homeopathic treatment using organ-specific clinical remedies evolved at our centre has proved to be of great value to patients of end stage kidney disease (ESKD).
- Unlike renal replacement therapies, homeopathic treatment helps in both
– prolonging life and maintaining/improving the quality of life.
- Homeopathic treatment is effective in reducing the frequency of hemodialysis in patients of ESKD.
- ESKD patients on both homeopathic treatment as well as hemodialysis have a better quality of life as compared to those on hemodialysis alone.
Keywords: Chronic Kidney Disease, dialysis, individualisation, palliative, constitutional, quality of life.
Dieser Post ist auch verfügbar auf: German